- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup flaxmeal (ground flaxseed)
- 1/4 cup of almond butter - or nut/seed butter of choice
- 1-2 sachets of Beforeyouspeak OG Coffee
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2–3 tablespoons of dark chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
- 1/4 cup of protein powder - can sub almond flour/meal or oat flour if you prefer and add extra sweetener as needed
- 1–2 tablespoons of almond milk or water
- Line a loaf pan (or small rimmed baking dish) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Taste and adjust accordingly.
- If the mix is a little dry add more milk or water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until it comes together.
- Press into your prepared loaf pan, smooth it out to the edges in one nice even(ish) layer.
- Pop it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to set (or freeze for 5-10).
- Slice into individual bars.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate if you want, you know you do.
Makes 6 Breakfast Bars
Recipe by Emma Swanston (@emsswanston)