So... you know how they say chocolate makes you happier and our coffee helps you perform better? Well, we kind of think that’s the perfect combination for Valentines Day — if you know what we mean.
Roll into the weekend of love with a coffee-spiked gluten free Ferrero Rocher. These nutty balls of deliciousness will send you into a trance of self-love and taste-bud pleasure.
For the centre
- 2 sachets of Collagen Mocha (or for a decaffeinated version, use Adrenal Decaf Mocha)
- 30g almond or hazelnut meal
- 40g chocolate protein powder or extra almond meal
- 50g sticky sweetener of choice
- 50g hazelnut butter or chocolate nut butter of choice
- 2 tbsp cacao powder, plus extra for rolling
- 12 raw whole hazelnuts
- 100g dark or milk chocolate — melted
- Crushed hazelnuts
- In a blender or food processor, blitz rolled almond meal, cacao powder, protein powder, syrup, hazelnut butter and BYS Coffee of choice until smooth and well combined into a dough.
- Roll the mixture into 12 small, even-sized balls. Press a hazelnut into the centre, pinching the dough to enclose the hazelnut.
- Place on a lined tray in the fridge for 1 hour, or until chilled & firm.
- Once chilled, roll each ball in melted chocolate mixed with crushed hazelnuts, place bake in the fridge and allow to set before serving.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week, or freeze for up to a month.
- Makes: 12
Macros per serve: 100 calories, 7g fat, 4g carbs, 4g protein.
Recipe and image by Beforeyouspeak Ambassador @betterbeingsteph