Nothing warms our Christmas-loving souls more than a decadent festive cookie! These gooey, peppermint mocha bundles of deliciousness are the perfect treat to help you let your Christmas spirit take hold this festive season. Filled with a rich, gooey chocolate centre, these easy-to-make, melt-in-your mouth delights would be a welcome sight on any Christmas dessert table.
For the cookies:
- 1 egg – or flax egg
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons cacao
- 1 tablespoon choc protein powder (or extra cacao powder)
- 1/3 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 sachet Beforeyouspeak coffee — we used Adrenal Reset here
- A pinch salt
- 1 block (10-12 squares) dark chocolate + extra for drizzling
- Crushed candy canes to sprinkle on top
- Mix cookie dough.
- Freeze for 30 mins or chill in the fridge for 1-2 hrs or overnight.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough, flatten, top with chocolate and then roll to a ball.
- Place on a baking sheet — they will spread so give them room.
- Bake at 175°C/ 350°F for 8-10 mins until edges are just set. *Note: they will be very soft
- Cool for 3-5 mins — they will be crispy on the edges & gooey in the middle.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate & sprinkle with crushed candy canes if you want.
Makes 6 large or 10-12 small cookies.