Low carb, high protein and keto friendly, this healthy tart is super quick and easy to whip together. Add extra veggies for #health, or omit the prosciutto for a vegetarian version, the possibilities are endless!
3/4 cup Almond Meal
85g parmesan cheese
3 egg whites
250g ricotta cheese
1/4 cup cooking cream
2 stalks spring onion
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease mini tart trays (or one big one)
- Place all of the crust ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix by hand until well combined
- Using your fingers, firmly and evenly press the dough into a tart pan, covering the bottom and the sides
- Prick the base with a fork and bake for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, using a whisk or a stand mixer, combine ricotta, cream, eggs and seasoning and mix until it is smooth and creamy
- Tear the prosciutto into small chunks and chop up the spring onions. Place these into the egg mixture, leaving a few to spare
- Pour the mixture over the tart base and then top with the remaining spring onions and prosciutto
- Finish with a grind of black pepper and bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!