Feeling that cookie craving creep in? With only 143 calories, this recipe is ideal for when you need a delicious hit of caffeine or an afternoon pick me up. Golden Espresso Cookies offer a soft chewy interior with a slightly crispy exterior, a coffee infused butter-like base and a hint of white chocolate. We don't know if a cookie can get any better than this!
- ⅓ cup vegan butter, softened
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ sachet of Beforeyouspeak Thermo Unsweetened Coffee
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour of choice
- ¼ cup flour
- 1tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Sugar free white chocolate
1. To make the dough, combine the vegan butter and coconut sugar. Mix for a couple minutes until it is smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix again. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until just combined.
2. To make the streusel, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a spoon. The mixture should stick together but should still crumble when you rub it through your fingers.
3. Using a tablespoon, scoop a ball of dough onto a lined baking sheet. Using a spoon, make an indent on the top of the dough. Sprinkle the streusel evenly on the top of the cookies, into their indents.
4. Bake the cookies at 180 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
5. While they are baking, melt down the chocolate.