Grab your fry pan and get ready to flip an absolute storm for dad this Father's Day! And take home the crown for fave child while you're at it with these delicious Fluffy Protein Vanilla Pancakes.
What you'll need:
- 100g of all-purpose flour
- 30g of your chosen protein powder (Vanilla was used here)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon sweetener of choice
- 1 Scoop of Beforeyouspeak Creamer
- 1 Medium ripe banana
- 1 Cup of your chosen milk
- 1 Teaspoon coconut oil
- Mix/blend the banana with milk and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the flour, baking powder, creamer, protein, sweetener and blend/whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes while you get your toppings ready.
- Use a non-stick pan or add a little oil so it doesn’t stick!
- Pour portions of the batter into the pan and cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Carefully flip the pancake over and cook for another minute or until golden and cooked through.
- Repeat until you’ve used all the batter.
- Get your favourite toppings on board and be creative!
- Serve & devour.
Cooking tip: Use egg silicone moulds for even shapes!
Foodie tip: The fluffy texture comes from adding apple cider vinegar to the batter, which reacts with the baking powder creating a lift 😉
Recipe by Ines (@crushinglimits)