The traditional Carrot Cake made with a twist. Not only does every bite taste even better than it looks (and it looks pretty great), it is also packed full of collagen, helping you glow from the inside out!
- 2 cups gluten free plain flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp Beforeyouspeak Collagen Creamer - Vanilla
- 1 sachet Beforeyouspeak Collagen Coffee - Original
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 300g grated carrot
- Crushed walnuts
- 200g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Line mini cake moulds with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil and honey. Ass the eggs and milk; combine.
- Fold in the flour, almond meal, coconut sugar and creamer.
- Add the baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Fold in the carrot.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Prepare the frosting by beating all of the ingredients together. Allow cakes to cool before spreading the frosting.
- Top with walnuts. Enjoy!