Coffee AND cake... a match made in heaven! These snack size, mini cakes will impress the masses, they are a definite crowd pleaser - light, fluffy and coffee-y, topped with everyones favourite cream cheese icing!
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 sachet Beforeyouspeak Performance Coffee - Unsweetened
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 sachet Beforeyouspeak Performance Coffee - Unsweetened dissolved in water
- 200g light cream cheese
- 50g icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180 C and grease mini loaf trays.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil and honey. Add the eggs and milk; Combine.
- Fold in the flour, almond meal, coconut sugar and coffee. Add the baking powder, baking soda, and vanilla. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the coffee soak by dissolving the coffee into 200ml of water. Mix and set aside.
- Prepare the frosting by beating the ingredients together.
- Once the cakes are cool, cut them in half horizontally. Place the first layer of the cake at the bottom and using a brush, soak the cake in the coffee syrup – do not overdo it or the cake will be too soggy. 1-2 tablespoons per layer is ideal
- Add an even layer of the cream cheese frosting then place the corresponding layer on top. Repeat for all mini cakes. Let set in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Pipe the frosting on the topmost layer of the cake and dust with cocoa powder or extra coffee. Enjoy!