For the muffins
- 1 over ripe banana
- 1/2 cup of mashed sweet potato
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of almond butter – sub tahini for a nut-free version
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of filtered water
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons of Beforeyouspeak Vanilla Creamer
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each of ginger, nutmeg, cardamom & cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting
- 1/4 cup coconut (or regular) cream
- 1/2 block (1/4 cup) dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of Beforeyouspeak The OG Coffee
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Line a muffin tray with paper cases (or grease well) and set aside.
- Place all muffin ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until smooth and well combined. You could also just mash/stir in a bowl if you prefer.
- Pour into your prepared muffin tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the tops spring back when lightly pressed.
- Set aside to cool.
- While your cupcakes are cooling prepare the frosting.
- Melt chocolate.
- Add Beforeyouspeak Coffee, vanilla, salt & stir to combine.
- Add the coconut cream to your coffee-infused chocolate and stir until well combined.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes until it becomes spreadable – you can speed this up by popping it in the fridge or freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread on to your cupcakes.
Makes 8 Muffins
Recipe by Emma Swanston (@emsswanston)