Start your day the right way... with waffles of course! These Brekky Waffles are not only the perfect ratio of crunch to soft and fluffy, they will also put a spring in your step, helping you crush your morning!
- 1 cup plain wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 sachet of Beforeyouspeak Thermo Coffee - Original+ Extra Shot
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- 1tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup raisins/sultanas/dried fruit of choice (optional)
- Sieve the flour, salt, baking powder, coffee, coconut sugar and cinnamon into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the egg, vanilla extract, almond milk and olive oil and mix until well combined.
- Stir the dry and wet ingredients together.
- Turn on your waffle iron to a medium-high heat and lightly grease.
- Pour just enough mixture to fill the iron. Close and let it cook for about 3-5 minutes (depending on your own appliance).
- Remove and continue to cook the rest of the waffles until the batter is completely gone.
- Serve with fresh berries, a swirl of maple syrup, coconut yoghurt or whatever your heart desires. Enjoy!