Did you know that happiness often has more to do with your brain chemistry than what is happening in your life? It’s because our neurotransmitters connect our brain and body with one another, and release certain hormones known as our “happy hormones.”
WHAT ARE THE FOUR MAIN HAPPY HORMONES AND WHAT DO THEY DO?
😄DOPAMINE - feel-good hormone, motivation, healthy memory and better sleep
💤SEROTONIN - supporting a happy mood, digestion and sleep hygiene
🥰OXYTOCIN - love hormone that is released during positive physical interactions
🏃ENDORPHINS - associated with exercise and enjoying yummy food
HOW CAN WE INCREASE OUR FOUR MAIN HAPPY HORMONES NATURALLY?
- First sip of your BYS brew
- Start ticking off your to-do list
- Hit a PB at the gym, or your best time on your run
- Reconnect with nature or the ocean
- Get at least 20 minutes of sunlight per day
- Eat the rainbow and follow a 80/20 rule to maintain good gut health
- Share a hug with someone (or better yet, a dog 🐕)
- Phone your Mum, Dad, Grandparents or your bestie
- Buy someone a BYS coffee and share the goodness!
- Cook your favourite meal
- Dance to your favourite song
- Do some form of exercise every day
There are many ways to increase levels of these happy hormones through simple lifestyle changes like diet, exercise, or enjoying your favourite BYS brew! ☕😉