- 1 egg – or flax egg
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener – sub coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of Beforeyouspeak OG coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- Dark chocolate, roughly chopped – as much or as little as you like
For the glaze
- 1 block dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of Beforeyouspeak OG coffee
- Cacao nibs
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Grease your donut pan (or muffin tray) then set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together, egg, milk, vanilla, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar and coffee.
- Sift in flour, sugar, cacao, baking powder and baking soda into your egg mix and stir to combine.
- Add salt and fold through your chopped chocolate.
- Pipe (or spoon) into your prepared donut (or muffin) tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the tops spring back when lightly pressed.
- Set aside to cool while you make your glaze.
To make the glaze
- Place chocolate, coconut oil and coffee into a bowl and melt by your preferred method.
- Once melted, dip each donut in to melted chocolate/coffee mix and place onto a wire rack (glaze side up) and repeat until all donuts have been glazed.
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs and sea salt.
Makes 9 Donuts
Recipe by Emma Swanston (@emsswanston)