So... you know how they say chocolate makes you happier and our coffee helps you perform better? Well, we kind of think that’s the perfect combination for Valentines Day — if you know what we mean.
Roll into the weekend of love with a BYS Vegan & Gluten-Free Ferrero Rocher. These nutty balls of deliciousness will send you into a trance of self-love and taste-bud pleasure.
For the centre:
- 2 sachets of Glow Mocha (or for a decaffeinated version, use Adrenal Reset Mocha)
- 30g almond or hazelnut meal
- 40g chocolate protein powder or extra almond meal
- 50g sticky sweetener of choice
- 50g hazelnut butter or chocolate nut butter of choice
- 2 tbsp cacao powder, plus extra for rolling
- 12 raw whole hazelnuts
- 100g dark or milk chocolate — melted
- Crushed hazelnuts
1. In a blender or food processor, blitz rolled almond meal, cacao powder, protein powder, syrup, hazelnut butter and BYS Coffee of choice until smooth and well combined into a dough.
2. Roll the mixture into 12 small, even-sized balls. Press a hazelnut into the centre, pinching the dough to enclose the hazelnut.
3. Place on a lined tray in the fridge for 1 hour, or until chilled & firm.
4. Once chilled, roll each ball in melted chocolate mixed with crushed hazelnuts, place bake in the fridge and allow to set before serving.
Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week, or freeze for up to a month.
Macros per serve: 100 calories, 7g fat, 4g carbs, 4g protein.
Recipe and image by Beforeyouspeak Ambassador @betterbeingsteph