Makes 6 small batch cupcakes.
For the cupcakes
-1 egg (for vegan alternative sub 1 chia/ flax egg or an egg replacement of choice).
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup of cacoa
- t tbsp of matcha green tea powder
- 1/4 cup of monk fruit sweetener (or coconut sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Beforeyouspeak Collagen Coffee - Mocha
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- A pink of salt
- A handful of dark chocolate, roughly chopped
For the dark chocolate ganache frosting
-1/4 cup coconut (or regular) cream
-1/2 block (1/4) cup of dark chocolate
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 175'C (350'F)
- Line (or grease and flour) a 6 cup muffin tray with paper cases and set aside
- In a medium bowl place egg, vanilla, coconut oil and milk and whisk until well combined
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, matcha powder, cacao, sugar, baking powder, salt and espresso (if using) and stir to combine
- Add chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tray and bake for 10-12 minutes until the tops spring back when gently pressed.
- Allow to cool in the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
While your cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting -
- Melt chocolate by your preferred method
- Add vanilla & salt, stir to combine.
- Add the coconut cream to your espresso infused chocolate and stir until well combined.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes until it becomes spreadable - you can speed this up by popping the frosting in the fridge or freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread on to your cupcakes
Recipe and image by Beforeyouspeak Ambassador @emsswanston